'Mini Vinnies’ is a St Vincent de Paul Group in a Primary School. It is a group of young people aged 7-11 who get together, organise and talk about helping others in need within their school community and beyond.
Within our school, our Mini Vinnies meet regularly with Mrs Myers to discuss how they can positively impact on the Catholic life of the school.
2019 - 2022 Projects
- In September 2019, the team organised a Sponsored Run to raise money for Spotlight on Africa and our school.
- In January 2020, our Mini Vinnies spent their lunch times boxing up books. We donated them to the Assumption Alumnae Association which supports eight mission schools in the Philippines.
- In December 2020, our Mini Vinnies organised #heartsforhomes within school.
- Summer 2021 - Once we were back in school, the Mini Vinnies gave of their time to tidy up our Prayer Garden. Thank you for donations of plants!
- 2021 - 22 Mini-Vinnies worked with the Liturgy Team, leading assemblies and liturgies.
Lenten Appeal 2023
Thank you to our Mini Vinnies for leading this year's Lenten Appeal. All proceeds will go to our local Saint Vincent de Paul Society.