Mental Health & Wellbeing Resources
This page features tips, advice and where to get support for your child's mental health.
Supporting your child if they're feeling worried
people to help manage their own wellbeing. During a time when
access to regular appointments may be disrupted or anxiety might be
heightened, it might be helpful to try one or some of these strategies.
A really helpful website with downloadable self-help activities, information guides, videos and more.
- The Parents Helpline is available to offer advice to parents and carers worried about a child or young person under 25.
- Their trained advisers are able to give you help and advice, whatever the question.
- Call for free on 0808 802 5544 from Mon-Fri, 9:30am - 4pm.
- You can also use their email service at any time.
- Aimed at older children, you can find information for young people about coronavirus and ideas for things to do while staying home on their website.
- The Mix’s emotional support services are open as normal – and if you’re under 25 you can talk to them about anything that’s troubling you over the phone, email or webchat. You can also use their phone or online counselling service.
- Helpline open daily 4-11pm: 0808 808 4994
- Email service
- Webchat open daily 4-11pm
- Counselling service
- You can find information about coronavirus on the website – and look out for more ideas and suggestions for supporting someone with autism around routine change, anxiety and sensory issues such as hand washing over the coming weeks.
- You can also contact their Helpline for information and advice. Open Monday-Thursday 10am-4pm and Fridays 9am-3pm.
- Phone: 0808 800 4104
Calming Activities, Mindfulness, Breathing, Yoga Videos and More...
A toolkbox of activities such as breathing exercises, coping videos, yoga
videos and games that can help children feel calm in a period of
An activity for grounding and calming
Samaritans - Call 116 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (24 hours a day, 365 days a year)
If you need to talk to someone, the Samaritans can help- they offer emotional support and a listening ear 25 hours a day, 365 days a year. This is a freephone number that can even be called from a mobile that has no credit. Your call will not appear on the phone bill.
Childline - Call 0800 1111 (24 hours)
Comforts, advises and protects children 24 hours a day and offers free confidential counselling.
NSPCC Helpline - Call 0808 800 5000 or email email@example.com
If you're worried about a child, even if you're unsure, contact our professional counsellors for help, advice and support.
CALM Helpline - Call 0800 58 58 58
Confidential support for men, 7 days a week, 5pm to midnight, free
National Domestic Abuse Helpline - Call 0808 2000 247
Free, confidential, 24 hour helpline
Women's Aid - Live Chat https://chat.womensaid.org.uk
Information and support for women experiencing domestic violence
BCP Community Coronavirus Support
You can request help with deliveries of food and other essentials as well as support with loneliness and wellbeing. Call - 0300 1231752 (8am-8pm, 7 days a week)
Mosaic family Support - Call 01258 837071
Supporting bereaved children
Winston's Wish - Call 08088 020021
Supports bereaved children, young people and their families